Here are some things that I’ve heard…
- I have heard from a great source that Robert Morris Director of Basketball Operations Dave Richards will become an assistant coach at Merrimack College. He will reunite with former RMU assistant Joe Gallo who became the head coach at Merrimack earlier this spring. Richards spent six seasons at Robert Morris, and has also served as an assistant at West Virginia Wesleyan.
- Former Dowling College head coach John Mateyko has been named as the Head Basketball Coach and Athletic Director for the new intercollegiate program at Five Towns College (NY). In his two seasons at Dowling, Mateyko went 26-28. The school announced earlier this spring that is was shutting their doors due to budget issues. Before his time at Dowling, Mateyko spent 13 seasons as the head coach at St. Joseph’s College (NY).
- I have heard that former Davis and Elkins head coach Chris Cottrell will become an assistant at Lincoln Memorial University. He had been the head coach at D&E from 2013-15, and spent five seasons as an assistant at LMU before that. He will replace Davis Fisher who accepted a position outside of basketball.
- It sounds like Johnson County CC (KS) assistant coach Ryan Morley will become an assistant at Francis Marion University. Morley has been at JCCC for the past nine seasons. Morley’s younger brother is a former player at Francis Marion.
- I have heard that Tim Routheaux will be hired as an assistant at DIII Wisconsin Stout. He will replace Rob Robinson who departed the staff. Routheaux spent last season as the head coach at Hibbing CC, and has also been the head coach at Western Technical College.
- Interviews concluded yesterday at DIII Penn State Altoona. I have heard that the administration wants to move quickly here, and they may have a new head coach in place by the end of the week.
- Three finalists at DIII Case Western include a former Ivy League head coach, a mid-major assistant, and a DIII head coach. See more HERE.