Some stuff from New England as the Red Sox bullpen prepares to torpedo their World Series chances, and the Pats D continues to not be able to tackle anyone…
- The search at Brandeis is close to wrapping up. An Ivy League assistant was on campus all day yesterday, and a Patriot League assistant is there today. Three DIII head coaches are also still in the mix. On campus interviews end Friday, and a decision could be made by as early as the weekend.
- Framingham State University has made their choice. The announcement will be made soon…sounds like it will have some repercussions in New England, as another DIII will open. More on this as soon as I am able to run with it.
- Former Lesley University head coach Chris Giordano has joined the staff at Tufts University. Giordano had spent the past four seasons at Lesley, and had served as an assistant at his alma mater Rivier University (NH) before that.
- Former Babson standout Matt Droney has been named as an assistant at MIT. He was a captain on Babson’s 2017 NCAA Division III National Championship team, and spent last year as an assistant at Vassar College.
- Mark Jenkins has been hired as an assistant at Pine Manor College. He had previously served as an assistant at Nichols College, and was a manager for the University of Connecticut women’s basketball national championship team in 2009-10.
- I can confirm that Chazz McCarter has been named as the new head coach at Gateway Community College (CT). He replaces John Stewart who retired over the summer. McCarter was Junior College All-American at GCC, and finished his playing career at Southern Connecticut.
- The complete up-to-date list of coaching changes at all levels can he found here: HoopDirt.com Coaching Changes Tracker.
- Remember to follow HoopDirt.com on social media: