Coach Mason explains a great team shooting drill utilizing the Dr. Dish CT shooting machine to simulate a zone offense with a middle of the lane flash. This drill is great for teams to simulate offensive action against a 2-3 or 3-2 zone defense. Players get the opportunity to practice their mid-range shots, receiving a pass in the middle of the lane.
Check out the full demonstration in the video below!
- This drill has three lines: top of the key, and free throw line extended on each wing.
- The dish makes the first pass to the player at the top of the key.
- This player then passes to the right side wing, as the player from the left side flashes to the middle of the lane for the mid-range shot.
- The player on the opposite side will receive a second pass from the Dish for a second shot.
- The lines will rotate and the drill is repeated.