Carl Danzig has had a lot of impressive victories in his time as the head coach of the men’s basketball team at The University of Scranton. On Wednesday night, he reached a career milestone as his team put forth one of its best defensive performances ever under his tutelage.
Danzig earned his 300th career victory as the Royals trounced Drew University, 64-39, in Baldwin Gymnasium. The 39 points are the fewest allowed by the Royals this season and the fourth fewest they’ve allowed in Danzig’s 16 seasons as head coach.
Danzig earned the milestone victory in his 429th career game, and now has a career record of 300-129. It was his 105th career victory in Landmark Conference play and his 26th against Drew, the most of his career against any opponent.
Here’s a look at the milestone victories in Carl Danzig’s career:
- No. 1 — Nov. 20, 2001, an 82-77 victory at Connecticut College;
- No. 100 – Feb. 10, 2007, a 90-59 victory against Delaware Valley in the Long Center;
- No. 150 – Jan. 22, 2010, an 80-62 victory over Catholic in the Long Center;
- No. 200 – March 2, 2012, a 70-67 overtime victory over Messiah in the NCAA Tournament first round at William Paterson;
- No. 250 – Dec. 6, 2014, a 61-48 win over Juniata in the Long Center.