Crazy day so far. Here’s a quick “speed round” of the Daily Dirt. More to come…
- The Scott Cross to Troy rumors are heating up. Sounds like this one could be done soon (or may in fact be done). Cross was 225-161 in his 12 seasons at UT Arlington before being released after a 21 win season in 2017-18.
- Another one that is heating up is Donnie Jones to Stetson. The former UCF and Marshall head coach is currently an assistant at Dayton. Should know more about this one today.
- Last week, I mentioned John Shulman and Tony Jones at Tennessee Tech. I’ve also now heard Morehead State assistant Scott Combs mentioned here. All signs currently point to Shulman and Combs being the leaders.
- Lots of names at Kennesaw State right now. The ones that I have heard are: Xavier assistant Jonas Hayes, Florida associate head coach Al Pinkins, Ole Miss assistant Ronnie Hamilton, Tennessee assistant Desmond Oliver, and Georgia assistant Amir Abdur Rahim. Sounds like at least 1 current DII coach is also involved.
- Former Charlotte head coach at NC State assistant Bobby Lutz is involved at Appalachian State. No interviews have occurred yet, but this one is starting to move.
- The search at Tallahassee CC is winding down. Six coaches (including current interim head coach Zach Settembre) were interviewed over the past few weeks. It sounds like a candidate has been chosen, and is now moving through the HR process. More here soon. *UPDATE: Settembre is the choice – more here: JUCO DIRT.