A few things to close out the week…
- Kirk Earlywine is no longer on the staff at Idaho. He had been with the program since 2012, first as the DBO and later as an assistant. Earlywine was the head coach at Eastern Washington before joining the Vandals staff. He also spent seven seasons working for Rick Majerus at both Ball State and Utah. No word yet on a possible replacement.
- Geoff Arnold will be hired as an assistant at Rider. Arnold had spent the past 11 seasons on Phil Martelli’s staff at St. Joe’s. He also worked for his former teammate at St. Joe’s, Bruiser Flint at both Drexel and UMass.
- Collin Dimitroff has been hired as the new head coach at Wallace State. He will replace John Meeks who resigned in early August. Dimitroff spent last season as an assistant at Wallace State, and had joined the staff at Daytona State over the summer. He has also worked as the video coordinator at Missouri State.
- LSU Alexandria has moved quickly in replacing assistant coach Tyler Sobey who departed for LSU Shreveport. I have heard that LSUA will hire former player Devin Jackson. Last season, Jackson knocked down 112 3’s for the Generals. He also played at Sam Houston State and Paris JC.
- St. Joseph’s College (NY) has hired Joe Mantesta as an assistant coach. Mantesta had spent the past four seasons as an assistant at NYIT, and also spent time working at the HS level. Prior to that, he worked as a manager for Gregg Marshall at Winthrop.
- Brad Shaw has been hired as an assistant at Dickinson State (ND). The North Dakota native had been an assistant at Johnson & Wales (FL) for the past three seasons, and worked for one year at Miami University Hamilton. Shaw worked as a manager at Nebraska for both Doc Sadler and Tim Miles.
- Our coaching clinics section is filling up…check it out HERE.