Some things that I’ve heard while watching Porter Moser and Nate Oats show people that they can coach…
- The search is on at North Alabama as they become a DI program next season and join the Atlantic Sun Conference. It sounds like AD Mark Linder will not use a search firm and will instead rely on a small campus search committee. It also sounds like the new coach will be offered at least a five year deal. The official job posting can be found HERE.
- USC Upstate Interim AD Jeff Crane is using Eddie Fogler to help with the men’s basketball search. I have heard that the job will pay in the neighborhood of $170,000 per season.
- East Carolina has brought back former AD Jeff Hart to aid in their search for a new men’s basketball coach. Hart led the Pirates athletic department from 1997-1995, and will serve as the “special adviser to the chancellor for athletics” as ECU also searches for a new AD.
- Southern Mississippi head coach Doc Sadler received a vote of confidence from AD Jon Gilbert, and has his contract rolled over. He now has three years remaining on his deal that pays him $350,000 per season. Sadler’s Golden Eagles knocked off #1 seed MTSU in the C-USA Tournament last week, and finished the season with a 16-18 (8-12) record.
- I’ve heard that there is a ton of heat on new McNeese State head coach Heath Schroyer to hire an Louisiana guy as an assistant. It sounds like Schroyer will arrive in Lake Charles today and could reach out to candidates then.
- Staying in Louisiana…with Richie Riley departing for South Alabama, Larry Cordaro’s name is HOT at Nicholls State. Cordaro was a finalist for the job two years ago when Riley got it, and has done nothing but win at LSU-Alexandria. His Generals (26-7) are still alive in the NAIA DI Tournament, and he is 112-16 in his four seasons at LSU-A.
- The complete up-to-date list of coaching changes at all levels can he found here: HoopDirt.com Coaching Changes Tracker.