A few things that I’ve heard as school gets underway…
- New Southern New Hampshire head coach Jack Perri will add Tim Lee to his staff. Lee is a 2002 SNHU alum who scored 1,291 career points for the Penmen. He most recently served as the head coach at Bishop Brady (NH) HS. Lee will join fellow first-year assistant David Steckel on Perri’s staff.
- A couple of former Wisconsin managers on the move…Max Johansen has been named as a graduate assistant at the University of Washington and Jasen Baranowski has been hired as a GA at Chattanooga. They are both 2018 graduates of Wisconsin. Also, former Badgers Graduate assistant Ben Eckburg has been named as an assistant coach Holy Cross College (IN).
- Odd situation here…I reported last week that Scott Moe was no longer the head coach at NAIA Middle Georgia State University (NAIA DIRT). I have now heard from a great source that he did in fact resign his position as a professor at the college, and had to resign the basketball position as it becomes part-time. It sounds like Moe will in fact be re-hired after the summer as the part-time head coach. More on this as I hear it.
- I have heard that Joe Reedy will be named as an assistant at DIII Curry College (MA). Reedy had spent the past two seasons as an assistant coach at Wheelock College (MA).
- Interviews at DIII Framingham State University (MA) are underway. I have heard at least two former college head coaches are currently in the mix. They are vying to replace former head coach Peter Mugar who resigned back on 8/3. More on this search as I hear it.
- I have heard that Baton Rouge CC is close to wrapping up their search for a new head coach. I can confirm that the position was offered (and turned down) by a local HS coach. Word on the street is that it has now been offered to another veteran HS coach from the area. An official announcement is expected shortly.
- Check out HoopDirt.com’s list of MUST READ books for coaches HERE.
- The complete up-to-date list of coaching changes at all levels can he found here: HoopDirt.com Coaching Changes Tracker.
- Remember to follow HoopDirt.com on social media: