I spent most of the day at Monster Jam today (the things that we do for our kids…). Here are a few things that I heard while almost losing my hearing (yes, those things are LOUD)….
- Fresno State head coach Rodney Terry’s name is picking up steam at UTEP. Terry’s Bulldogs are currently 21-11 and could be looking at an NIT bid. His teams have now won 20+ games in four out of the past five seasons. Terry has reportedly already interviewed for the spot, and now it sounds like he could be the top target here.
- I have heard that TCU assistant head coach David Patrick is in the mix at Cal Riverside. Patrick has spent the past two seasons on Jamie Dixon’s staff, and also been an assistant at LSU, St. Mary’s, and Nicholls State. It sounds like this search could be wrapped up very shortly.
- Search firm updates…I have heard that Parker Executive Search has Marist, and Collegiate Sports Associates has South Alabama.
- Speaking of South Alabama….An early HOT name that I’ve heard here is Danny Young. The current head coach at Montevallo (AL), Young has done nothing but win games. He has amassed a 329-147 record during his 15-seasons with the Falcons and went 51-11 in two seasons at Salem International University (WVa).
- In Friday’s Daily Dirt, I mentioned some candidates for the vacancy at McNeese State. I have now heard that Wichita State assistant Isaac Brown should be added to the list. Brown is a Louisiana Monroe alum, who has also been an assistant at Louisiana Tech, Arkansas, Arkansas State, and South Alabama.
- Last week I mentioned that I had heard the job at New Mexico Junior College had opened. I can confirm now that it has, and we have the job posting HERE. Pretty good JUCO gig.
- The complete up-to-date list of coaching changes at all levels can he found here: HoopDirt.com Coaching Changes Tracker.
- The HoopDirt.com Coach of the Week presented by Just Play Solutions winners were announced earlier this week. The full list of winners from the DI, DII, DIII, NAIA, and JUCO levels can be found HERE. Nominations for next week’s award can be sent to: [email protected]