November 12, 2019
For Immediate Release
BOSTON, MA – HoopDirt.com and Just Play Solutions have announced that they will once again team up to present college basketball’s Coach of the Week Award. The awards program will culminate with the 2019-20 Coach of the Year honors which will be announced in March. This will be the fifth season that HoopDirt.com will recognize coaches weekly at the DI, DII, DIII, NAIA, and Junior College levels for their accomplishments. Each weekly winner is eligible to receive the Coach of the Year Award (previous winners can be found below).
“I am thrilled that Just Play Solutions is returning as our partner for the Coach of the Week award program” said HoopDirt.com’s Adam Nelson. “One of the goals of HoopDirt.com has always been to help coaches. By exposing them to a quality product and to the unbelievable staff of Just Play Solutions, I feel that we are doing our job by making it easier for coaches to do theirs. We have been working with Just Play Solutions for the past few years, and are excited to continue to grow our partnership with this major player in the sports technology world.”
Austin Barone founder of Just Play Solutions, “Adam and his staff have been a great partner for us, and it was an easy decision to extend that relationship and once again support the Coach of the Week, which will honor coaches for their work each week during the season. This aligns with why we even got into the business.”
The first Coach of the Week winners will be announced on Monday, November 18th, and will continue throughout the 2019-20 season. If you have a coach that you would like to nominate, please email us at: [email protected].
Previous HoopDirt.com Coach of the Year Award Winners:
- 2018-19: Kelvin Sampson – University of Houston
- 2017-18: Porter Moser – Loyola University Chicago
- 2016-17: Chris Collins – Northwestern University
- 2015-16: Roy Williams – University of North Carolina
- 2018-19: Ben McCollum – Northwest Missouri State
- 2017-18: Andy Bronkema – Ferris State (MI)
- 2016-17: Ben McCollum – Northwest Missouri State
- 2015-16: Josh Schertz – Lincoln Memorial University (TN)
- 2008-19: Dale Wellman – Nebraska Wesleyan University
- 2017-18: Eric Bridgeland – Whitman College (WA)
- 2016-17: Stephen Brennan – Babson College (MA)
- 2015-16: John Tauer – University of St. Thomas (MN)
- 2018-19: Chris Briggs – Georgetown College (KY)
- 2017-18: Craig Doty – Graceland University (IA)
- 2016-17: Kevin Burton – Union College (KY)
- 2015-16: Larry Cordaro – LSU-Alexandria
- 2018-19: Billy Gillispie – Ranger College (TX)
- 2017-18: Paul Cisek – Brookdale Community College (NJ)
- 2016-17: Todd Lorensen – Southwestern Community College (IA)
- 2015-16: Craig Doty – Rock Valley College (IL)
- 2018-19: LeShawn Hammett – Penn State Wilkes-Barre
HoopDirt.com is the largest website in the country dedicated specifically to college basketball coaching news, jobs, and rumors at all levels. HoopDirt.com brings a unique insider perspective to the world of college basketball coaching – it was founded by college coaches as a way to help the college basketball community stay informed of what is going on in the coaching profession. HoopDirt.com currently has a Twitter following of over 35,000, and receives nearly three-million page views per month.
About Just Play Solutions
Just Play Solutions has become the market leader in helping coaches prepare faster and teach athletes more effectively. From our digital coaching tools to interactive mobile app coaches can build playbooks, scouting reports, integrate video and even quiz players. Working with over 500 programs from high school to the professional levels, Just Play has a solution for any budget or need. Just Play currently has products available for Basketball, Football, Soccer, and Lacrosse.